We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
2421 King George Blvd
Surrey, BC V4P 1H8
Phone: (604) 536-4011
Fax: (604) 535-6456
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Visit our other website
Wild Birds Unlimited located in South Surrey, close to White Rock, BC, 604-536-4011
• Bald Eagles and Rough-legged Hawks begin arriving mid-month.
• Turkey Vultures, Ospreys and Violet-green and Barn Swallows depart.
• Snow Geese, Canvasback Ducks and Dunlins arrive.
• Little Brown Bat in hibernaculum for winter
• Clean out and repair nest boxes; put up roosting boxes.
• Fall storms push juncos to lower elevation feeding stations - put out millet.
• Anna's Hummingbirds increase at feeders through the western lowlands of Oregon, Washington and southern BC.
• Snow Geese arrive in Fraser Valley and Skagit Flats.
• The last Rufous Hummingbirds leave for the winter. Many Anna's Hummingbirds will overwinter.
• Evening Grosbeak flocks become common at oil sunflower seed feeders.
• Varied Thrush begin to be seen in yards more often.
• Some Clark's Nutcrackers move down in elevation and become more common around bird feeders.
• Waterfowl migration peaks.
• Orionids meteor shower is late-October.
* Oct 11th - Wild Wednesday Bird Walk - Campbell Valley Park Ravine Trail (meet at 8th Avenue Entrance in front of Nature House) 10 am to 12:30pm